Why Choose Us?
We look after your eye health!
We want to be able to offer you peace of mind for your eye health. Introducing our Platinum membership plan has enabled us to do just that. Being a member entitles you to all of our specialist services and a yearly recall for our Advanced eye examination. You also enjoy additional discounts and priority booking of available appointments and advise when needed.
We no longer provide NHS funded exams for adults and children as we are now a private practice.
A typical eye examination may include:
- Discussion including your health, you and your family’s ocular history, and your visual requirements for work and hobbies.
- Examination of the front and back of the eye by an Ophthalmoscope and/or Slit lamp.
- Assessment of spectacle prescription for the required working distance, such as distance (TV, driving), intermediate (VDU) and near (reading, sewing)
- Muscle balance tests to make sure both eyes are working precisely together.
- Tonometry (measurement of internal eye pressure -routine aged over 40)
- 3D retinal scan and photography with experienced staff and optometrists with years of experience working with the OCT technology.
Any other test deemed necessary (colour vision, stereo vision etc.)
We have a Humphrey Visual Field Analyser II, which is generally accepted throughout hospitals in UK as the gold standard in visual field analysis (used to detect/monitor glaucoma, for example).
We provide Private DVLA Assessments which require specific visual field examinations in order to grant a driving licence to patients with a known eye condition.
Regular eye examinations ensure that you are enjoying the best vision possible and will identify eye conditions such as glaucoma, cataract, and macular degeneration in their early stages. Our optometrists can also gain a useful insight into your general health from the appearance of your eyes and may detect underlying conditions such as high blood pressure or diabetes.
Please call the team on 01775 713366 to book your examination. Currently costing £79 for an adult and £39 for anyone age 20 and under (younger visitors will benefit from photography rather than full scans).