Advanced Eye Examinations
Our advanced examination gives a comprehensive examination and may include:
- Discussion including your health, you and your family’s ocular history, and your visual requirements for work and hobbies.
- Examination of the front and back of the eye by an Ophthalmoscope and/or Slit lamp.
- Assessment of spectacle prescription for the required working distance, such as distance (TV, driving), intermediate (VDU) and near (reading, sewing)
- Muscle balance tests to make sure both eyes are working precisely together.
- Tonometry (measurement of internal eye pressure -routine aged over 40)
- All advanced examination include 3 different scans and photography for each eye prior to seeing the Optician
Any other test deemed necessary by your Optician (colour vision, visual field testing etc.)
We want you to enjoy relaxed surroundings and operate by appointment only to avoid overcrowding our practice.
We recommend allowing up to 2 hours for the full experience. Starting with pre screening and booking in process, you will then have up to 40 minutes with your Optometrist. Our qualified Lens Experts will then guide you through the recommendations from your appointment, including enjoying your complimentary hot drink, and if required frame styling to ensure you get the best frame and lenses to suit your needs.
For total peace of mind we offer The Molsom Platinum Eyecare Plan . This is our membership plan which enables us to provide you with the peace of mind you deserve. Offering the time, care and support required to look after the health of your eyes. The plan is a continuous rolling eyecare plan with a minimum membership term.
Quality Family Eyecare